UBM Rotaforte, take individual privacy seriously. This Statement explains our policies and practices.
- We respect your privacy and we will use our reasonable endeavour to:
- • to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to reasonably protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect;
- • to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide better service;
- • to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data;
- • not to disclose your personal data to external parties unless you have agreed, we are required by law or any lawful request of any enforcement agencies or we have previously informed you.
1. Information collection
In order to provide better service to you and to fulfil the purposes set out in the next paragraph, we may collect certain information when you register with us or communicate with us. In the process, we may also collect personal information of individual contact persons of companies or their employees. As stated in the registration form, some of the requested information is mandatory and some of them you may provide voluntarily. If specific mandatory information is requested but not supplied, we may be unable to provide the requested service. We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary for fulfilling the purposes set out in the next paragraph.
2. Use of information
- The purposes for which information may be used by us include:
- • processing applications for exhibiting at or visiting our trade fairs
- • facilitating and enhancing our operations by incorporating the personal data into our database and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data
- • promoting and notifying you of our trade fairs in Turkey and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by our affiliates and joint venture partners
- • distributing publications and research materials of our company
- • marketing our services or products
- • if necessary, facilitating legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
We may use your personal data, including your name, email address and physical address to conduct direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to our trade fairs in Turkey and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by our affiliates and joint venture partners, as well as the promotion of our services via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. We will not so use your personal data unless we have received your consent to the said intended use. You may choose not to receive promotional materials by simply telling us through the below contact details, and we will cease to do so, without charge.
3. Disclosure / Transfer of Data
- We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide or transfer the personal data to:
- • our agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, and service providers in connection with our operations or services for facilitating and enhancing our operations and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data
Provision of data for direct marketing
Please note that we intend to provide the personal data we collected, including your name, email address and physical address to our overseas offices, affiliates, joint venture partners, which are also exhibition organisers, for use in direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to their trade fairs and events. We will not so provide your personal data for the said purposes unless we have received your written consent to the aforesaid intended provision.
In general, your Personal Data is kept confidential and is only accessible by authorised personnel.
8. Transfer of Data Overseas
We will generally hold your data on our servers in Turkey. However, we may transfer it to our overseas offices elsewhere in the world or to any of the people listed at paragraph 3 above, who may be located elsewhere.